NGK Iridium IX spark plugs are specifically designed for the performance enthusiast. Iridium IX provides outstanding acceleration, high fuel efficiency and durability. NGK Iridium IX plugs offer extreme ignitability and exceptional anti-fouling. Tapered cut ground electrode provides improved starting, idling and throttle response. The Iridium fine wire center electrode's durability is six times harder than platinum. Iridium alloy's extremely high melting point is perfect for today's engines. For even greater performance consider upgrading to an NGK Ruthenium HX plug.
- SINGLE IRIDIUM TIP: Fine wire 0.6 millimeter iridium tip center electrode ensures high durability and a consistently stable spark
- IRIDIUM ALLOY CENTER ELECTRODE: Iridium's density (6x that of platinum) and extremely high melting point is perfect for modern high efficiency engines
- TAPERED CUT GROUND ELECTRODE: Reduced quenching design produces outstanding ignitability, improved acceleration, fuel efficiency and durability
- SOLID COPPER CORE: 98% pure copper core offers superior heat dissipation, conductivity and ultra wide heat ranges
- TRIVALENT METAL PLATING: Delivers superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties, ensuring ease of installation and removal
- RECOMMENDED USAGE: Modified or high performance applications, or as an upgrade to OE nickel alloy spark plugs